Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tuesday 24 August

So, under no protection whatsoever, I take the plunge and head out onto the balcony to water the plants. We've had no rain for months now. All the plants are taking strain now that the days are starting to warm up.

Pot Plant Owl watches me from the rooftop nearby. She lets me water the two far pot plants, but as soon as I get near her nest, she starts shifting her weight from one foot to the other. (Ever heard of the expression "hopping mad"?)

I got as far as one jug poured carefully into the pot, the furtherest corner from the eggs. My proximity to the nest becomes too much for our Pot Plant Owl.

I look up and can't see her on the roof, and I know she's heading straight towards me with lightning speed. I shot back inside - narrowly missing her powerful talons connecting with my head.

Next time, it's someone else's turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment