Wednesday, September 7, 2011

7 September - the incubation period starts

In the last 24 hours, there have been a few teething problems with the viewing of the webcam on Africam, and the live chat facility on Ustream. I'm happy to report that everything is fixed and (hopefully) will run smoothly from now on.

The correct Ustream chat link is:
http://www.ustream.tv/africamppottedplantowl

I tried getting on to the chat yesterday but had problems too.

Pot Plant Owl looks quite content in her pot plant. She is completely unfaxed by her Starling visitors who come in and steal her feathers for their nest (the loose feathers, that is).I hope the Starlings and other birds realise that PPO's calm attitude around them will not be for long. As soon as the chicks arrive and there are plenty of hungry mouths to feed, PPO will be looking at these birds differently. For now, it is great to see everyone living in harmony.

4 comments:

  1. Tracey thats just amazing I thought I had seen a bird standing on the edge of the pot! And I was thinking she hardly took notice! I almost got the screen shot! Hope to see you in chat! Caboval

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, you have an extra "p" in potted in the link so it does NOT work.
    Please correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the answer. I do prefer Africam to watch her. Less aggravation :) Does she still have 3? I noticed she's not gone all night anymore. She is so precious. . . I love to watch her. Funny - about the Starlings, lol. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to be watching again :)Way latchy as i only discovered you were back today!

    ReplyDelete