Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 19 - 21 October

I've seen it all. At least, I thought I had. From the minute our first PPO book was published, I happily declared that I 'know' these owls and don't need to write another book about them. I find myself today in the akward position of having to retract my statement and make a bold statement:

"Pot Plant Owl - I honestly don't know what you are thinking or doing sometimes"

This afternoon, I went to check on Pot Plant Owl and the chicks. The chicks sat in the pot together, looking off in the general direction of Pappa in a nearby tree. It took me a few seconds to locate PPO, and when I did, I could not believe what I was seeing.

There she was - sitting on top of Teeny's old shoe, with her enormous wings stretched out on the balcony floor. She saw me, became a little more alert, but didn't move from the shoe.

There were no signs of prey beneath her, and nothing to suggest that she was displaying this behaviour for anything in particular.

She was just sitting with her wings splayed over a shoe...

This season, I really give up, and I admit to not having the slighest clue what will happen next.

(It sure makes life interesting....)

2 comments: